Buy it: The Handiest Things in the World
The Handiest Things in the World (By Andrew Clements) – This is a fun, colorful book that celebrates all the great things we can do with our hands as well as the handy tools that we use every day. My daughter loves the bright photographs of kids chasing butterflies, out in the rain, walking a dog, combing their hair, digging in the dirt, etc. Each page shows a child using their hands to complete a task (like eating, counting and measuring) and then shows how they can do the same thing using a handy tool. This is an excellent book for young children. We love it!
The book recommendations included on this website are books that my daughter Ally, now age 5, and I have read and enjoyed together. I recommend the books that stand out to me as excellent children’s books for writing, illustrations, originality, story and characters. Ally and I hope you enjoy them too!
- Book recommendation: Dance Me, Daddy
- Book recommendation: Hands Growing Up to be an Artist
- Book recommendation: Baby Bear Discovers the World
- Orange goo makes fun craft for Halloween, Thanksgiving
- Book recommendation: Ready Set Grow!