The Yellow Tutu (By Kirsten Bramsen) – Margo receives the birthday present she’s been dreaming of – a yellow tutu. But when she decides to wear her tutu on her head so she will look like the sun, the kids at school make fun of her. But one friend understands and the book concludes with the two girls wearing their tutus on their heads as they have a tea party. This is a sweet story for little girls who love to wear tutus or those who like to follow the beat of their own drummer.
Buy it: The Yellow Tutu
The book recommendations included on this website are books that my daughter Ally, now age 5, have read and enjoyed together. I recommend the books that stand out to me as excellent children’s books for writing, illustrations, originality, story and characters. Ally and I hope you enjoy them too!
- Book recommendation: All Tutus Should Be Pink
- Book recommendation: I Wear My Tutu Everywhere
- Book recommendation: Princess Posey and the Perfect Present
- Birthday Party Ideas: Pony Party
- Birthday Party Ideas: Tea Party