Buy it: The Very First Thanksgiving Day
The Very First Thanksgiving Day (By Rhonda Gowler Greene) – This is a rhyming book which tells the story of the first Thanksgiving Day between the Pilgrims and the Native Americans. It’s a great book for helping children understand the history of the day and how it was started. The books covers the journey of the Mayflower, the struggle of the Pilgrims and the strength of the Native Americans.
The book recommendations included on this website are books that my daughter Ally, now age 5, have read and enjoyed together. I recommend the books that stand out to me as excellent children’s books for writing, illustrations, originality, story and characters. Ally and I hope you enjoy them too!
- Book recommendation: T is for Turkey
- Book recommendation: The Best Thanksgiving Ever!
- Book recommendation: The Night Before Thanksgiving
- Book recommendation: Thanksgiving at the Tappletons’
- Book recommendation: Thanks for Thanksgiving