Giraffes Can’t Dance (By Giles Andreae) – This is a sweet rhyming story of Gerald the giraffe who loves to dance but is tripped up by his long neck, crooked knees and skinny legs. While all the other animals join in the Jungle Dance, Gerald feels sad because he can’t dance as well as everyone else. But one animal believes in Gerald and teaches him how to find the rhythm in everything.
Buy it: Giraffes Can’t Dance
The book recommendations included on this website are books that my daughter Ally, now age 5, have read and enjoyed together. I recommend the books that stand out to me as excellent children’s books for writing, illustrations, originality, story and characters. Ally and I hope you enjoy them too!
- Book recommendation: First Big Book of Animals
- Book recommendation: Hilda Must Be Dancing
- Book recommendation: The Jellybeans and the Big Dance
- Review of Cookin’ Cookies Lunch Box Game
- Book recommendation: For Just One Day